NCAA informs UConn that men's basketball probationary period is over
Following the completion of a two-year period and the fulfillment of all punitive obligations that resulted from violations committed in the UConn men's basketball program under the previous coaching staff, the NCAA has informed UConn that it is compliant with all requirements of NCAA regulations and its probationary period has concluded.
Penalties included a reduction in scholarships for the 2019-20 academic year and numerous recruiting restrictions that impacted the 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic years.
"Although the probationary period has concluded, we will continue to be committed to adhering to the highest standard of NCAA compliance," director of athletics David Benedict said. "I feel that we have emerged stronger than ever and look forward to a bright future for UConn Athletics."
— Day staff reports
Stories that may interest you
True freshman quarterback Tyler Phommachanh will make his second straight start for UConn when the Huskies host Wyoming on Saturday at Rentschler Field.
Sources at the University of Connecticut said Monday that the school administration informed UConn football coaches last week that they will not be returning next season.