Kitchen fire breaks out at New London McDonald's
New London — No one was injured when a fire broke out in the kitchen at the McDonald's restaurant at 406 Coleman St. on Saturday night.
The fire department received a 911 call from McDonald's employees who said a fire had sparked in the kitchen about 8:53 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire in a deep fryer and the area behind it. A fire suppression system at the business contained most of the fire and firefighters extinguished what remained, according to the New London Fire Department.
No injuries were reported and the restaurant was operating as normal as of Monday morning.
Stories that may interest you
A judge on Monday granted a request to move the start date for Todt's trial from Sept. 27 to Nov. 1 and cancelled a hearing in Todt's case that had been scheduled for Monday.
A Waterford man faces several burglary charges after police said they located him during the burglary of a vehicle on Harland Road-Route 169 early Saturday morning.
Lanes have reopened to traffic after a crash on Interstate 95 north in Groton was causing traffic delays Monday morning.