Ledge Light offering free COVID-19 vaccine at pop-up clinics
New London — Ledge Light Health District is partnering with Community Health Center Inc. to provide pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics throughout the summer.
No appointments, insurance or ID are required. Free gift cards will be issued to those who get vaccinated. A list of currently scheduled clinics is available on the Ledge Light Health District website, www.llhd.org. Additional clinics will be added.
In New London, scheduled clinics include:
• Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Community Give Back Day, OIC of New London, 106 Truman St. (Pfizer, 12 and older; or Johnson & Johnson, 18 and older)
• Noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, It Takes a Village Basketball Tournament, Bartlett Park (Pfizer or J&J)
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Garde Arts Center, 325 State St. (Pfizer or J&J)
• 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Elks Club, 81 Washington St. (Moderna, 18 and older; or J&J)
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Senior Center, corner of Brainard and Mercer streets (Moderna or J&J)
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 24, Blackhall Street Block Party, Walls Clarke Temple AME Zion Church, 16 Belden St. (Pfizer or J&J)
Stories that may interest you
One year later, no votes have been taken to formally accept or reject the idea, even though Selectwoman Mary Jo Nosal has brought up the issue more than 20 different times.
Bus drivers, teachers, nurses and more signed up to speak at the hearing.
Teams made up of family and friends of eight people who struggled with addiction and died will play at the annual event organized by Community Speaks Out.
The Board of Education continues to enforce mask policy in schools after a COVID-19 update during a meeting Tuesday night.