H.S. softball: Montville avenges early-season loss to Fitch
Montville — Lily Corrice pitched a six-hitter with five strikeouts and also doubled at the plate as Montville beat Fitch on Wednesday, 4-1, to avenge an early-season Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I loss to the Falcons.
Rori Curran tripled twice and scored for the Indians(6-6, 6-6), who lost to the Falcons, 9-2, in the season opener in April 10.
McKynzi Dawson had two hits for the Falcons (8-4, 8-4).
In other games:
• Anna Dziecinny and Lily Marelli each had an RBI in the top of the seventh inning as Waterford rallied to beat Bacon Academy, 4-2, in an ECC Division I game. Angela Colonis had three hits, including a double, with a run and RBI and Emma Marelli added two hits, a run and an RBI for Waterford (13-0, 13-0), ranked second in the GameTimeCT/New Haven Register poll. Avi Ibrahim hit a two-run double in the first inning for the Bobcats (3-8, 3-8) and Julia Grottole had three hits and scored. Also, Jazlyn Small-Yu had two hits, including a double, and scored.
• Phoebe Werling went 3-for-4 with four RBI as Stonington downed East Lyme, 15-3, in an ECC Division I game. Tori LoPresto went 4-for-4, including a home run, with three RBI for the Bears (6-4, 6-4) and Carli LoPresto added two hits, including a double, and three RBI. Karly Sorrentino had a home run and three RBI for the Vikings (2-8, 2-8).
• Kassidy LaTour had two hits, three runs and two RBI as Lyman Memorial beat St. Bernard, 18-0, in a five-inning ECC Division II game. Rayne Bobbi had two hits, including a home run, with two runs and two RBI for the Bulldogs (8-2, 8-2) and Kayla Goins added two hits, three runs and an RBI. Ariana Guinassi and Sunshine Rangel each had two hits for the Saints (1-12, 1-12).
• Avery Sulman had three hits, four runs and three RBI as Norwich Tech got past Windham Tech, 16-13, in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Winning pitcher Caitie Flynn had three hits and three RBI, Morgan Cook had a home run and three runs, and Janelle Lambert scored twice and stole four bases for Norwich Tech (9-2, 8-0).
• Old Lyme won its Shoreline Conference doubleheader against Westbrook by forfeit. Old Lyme is 9-4, 9-4.