Jobs at The Day
- WordPress Development: 5 years (Required)
- HTML: 2 years (Required)
- CSS: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred) or Equivalent work experience
- US work authorization (Preferred)
- Supporting the development of several WordPress instances. Design, build, test, and maintain websites, databases, APIs, and other technology resources. Perform maintenance and updates for existing websites.
- Must have a high-level understanding of a WordPress environment.
- Experience creating WordPress themes, plug-ins, and widgets to meet business requirements.
- Experience with integrating to WordPress with backend API services (i.e.: NetSuite, Salesforce, SQL Server)
- Ability to code and program websites and web pages, including backend payment processing.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with various vendors towards issue resolution
- Support the IT department as needed.
- Follow and Maintain all IT Policies and Procedures
- Conduct compatibility testing to ensure a consistent display across devices, operating systems, and browsers.
- Implement best practices for website performance, scalability, and accessibility.
- Execute content updates across corporate web and intranet sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and page builders such as Elementor and WP Bakery
- Very strong HTML/CSS skills with knowledge of writing online forms.
- Ability to build fluid, responsive websites.
- Experience with WordPress Theme frameworks
- Design skills to develop graphics, page layouts, banner ads and emails.
- Understanding of how to best organize content by developing wireframes.
- Ability to work within content management systems.
- Keep abreast of new technologies as needed to ensure ongoing competitiveness.
- Domain and DNS management
- SSL Certificates
- Migrating WordPress sites from one host to another
- Working with design team to accurately bring mock-ups to production.
- Install and understand Google products such as Analytics and Tag Manager
- Understanding SEO Best Practices when building new pages and sites.
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320