Jobs at The Day
Multiplatform Copy Editor
- Edit and paginate the various sections of The Day on deadline.
- Edit and post articles, photos and other content to theday.com
- Enforce The Day’s news policies and style.
- Interact with and engage readers through social media and other means.
- Three years journalism experience.
- Must have strong editing and page layout skills.
- Prior copy-editing experience strongly desired. Photo editing a plus.
- Must be comfortable with evolving digital publishing technology.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, embrace multitasking and work as part of a team
- Covering government and other news and writing features for The Day, The Times and theday.com.
- Covering breaking news as assigned.
- Working as part of a team to cover major stories, such as the pandemic.
- Shooting video and photographs when needed to illustrate stories.
- Working with our online team to engage readers.
- Tracking metrics to continuously refine beat.
- Some night and weekend shifts.
- B.A. Degree
- 1-2 years of daily reporting experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with social media, audio and video and data bases.
- Must be a self-starter who can work as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to make deadlines and balance multiple projects.
- Driver's license and own vehicle required.
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320