H.S. volleyball roundup: Waterford wraps up ECC Division II title
Waterford — Gretchen Dusza had 37 assists and six aces as the Waterford High School volleyball team beat Killingly on Wednesday 25-14, 28-26, 21-25, 25-18 to clinch the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II championship.
Olivia Gianakos had nine kills and four blocks for the Lancers (11-2, 5-0) and Olivia Pacheco added seven kills and four block.
Killingly is 2-12, 0-5.
In other matches:
• Caylee Parker had 10 kills, 10 digs, six blocks, four aces and four assists as New London beat Wheeler 25-14, 24-26, 25-21, 25-23 to win its first ECC Division IV match of the season. Chaylet Cintron had seven digs, six aces and four assists for New London (2-11, 1-4) and Marissa Parker had 11 kills, five digs and four assists. Also, Yamilka Ramos had eight digs and six assists and Natalia Paul had five kills.
• Sydney Iannantuono had 22 kills, 11 assists and six kills as East Lyme swept Norwich Free Academy in an ECC Division I match, 25-20, 25-23, 25-11. Sophie Dubreuil had 17 digs, Kamryn Ebersole had 30 assists and Mya Delesdernier had 10 kills and four aces for East Lyme (12-1, 4-1), which has won 12 straight after opening the season with a 3-2 loss to Woodstock Academy. Eliana Jewell had nine kills and eight digs, Sarah Ericson had 11 assists, six kills and seven digs and Bella Llano had 10 assists and eight digs for NFA (6-6, 1-4).
• Paula Hernandez had 26 kills and 23 digs as Woodstock Academy swept Fitch 25-15, 25-19, 25-17 to clinch at least a share of the ECC Division I title. Sammie Orlowski had 29 assists and Maddy Gronski added 21 digs for Woodstock (14-0, 5-0). Olivia Carney had 21 assists for Fitch (7-6, 0-5) and Aby Hagley had 10 digs.
• Ledyard beat Bacon Academy 25-21, 25-20 and 28-26 in an ECC Division II match. Morgan Riewerts had 10 assists and four aces, Katie Krupansky had six kills and five digs and Hannah Avila had nine digs for Ledyard (7-7, 3-2).
• Karen Preza had 23 points as Norwich Tech beat Ellis Tech 21-25, 25-13, 25-14, 25-18 in a Connecticut Technical Conference match. Joharys Perez had 14 points, four aces and three digs, Riley Riewerts had nine kills and four assists and Preza had seven aces and four kills for Norwich Tech (7-5, 7-2).
• Valley Regional beat Old Lyme 25-21, 25-13, 25-21 in a Shoreline Conference match. Emily Evers had 17 digs and six aces for Old Lyme (0-13) and Katie Reid had eight assists.
• Montville was swept by Griswold in an ECC Division III match, 25-23, 25-22, 26-24. Abby Diamantini had 17 digs, Mackenzie Ullrich had nine assists, Haley Kerwin had nine digs and three kills, Gabby Beal had 12 digs and Ashley Rogers had 10 digs for Montville (10-5, 2-3).
• Grasso Tech lost to Windham Tech in a CTC match, 3-0. Samarie Delgado had 21 digs and Michelle Warren had 22 digs and nine assists for Grasso (0-12).